About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Paul Mitchell

Ok, So many of you know how long I've wanted to attend the hair academy, probably since I was like 5, but anyway, recently I've just been sitting in my classes uo at BYU-I and hating life! I don't like the school, I don't like the teachers, and I especially don't like the way they some how find scriptural lessons.references to incorporate into my MATH class. Anyway, I have been talking to Jarom a little bit lately about me starting the hair school, and today I had a meeting with the financial aid "lady" here us what I found out: First off, the school tuition is $14,300. Crazy, I know. But, it gets a little better. Because we are so poor, we quallify for pell grants and loans. Jarom will not want to take out loans, I know that but sometimes you hav to bite the bullet to do something you love. The question here is, should I do it?
Pros:
I will be doing something I am actually interested in,
The beauty industry is ALWAYS changing, and I'm a big fan of change.
I LOVE to do hair, I love to change my own hair, I love a spa atmosphere
I really think I have a natural ability
I am interested in the hari part, the nails, and aesthetics
I wont have to sit through another boring lecture in a classroom.
I can't see myself confined to an office working some boring desk job especially when I Want to have a family.
Oh, I can have a "salon" in my home!
They have some business classes, so I can open up my own spa someday
and hello, I will have a cosmo lisence so I can shop at those special stores and get discounts haha!

Cons:
The Money
Jarom may have to stay here for his internship
We will be in Idaho longer than I wanted to be here.
Loans.. Loans.. Loans.. ah!

This could be ME!

2 comments:

  1. Erica, I totally think you should do it. I was super close to going there too, and then changed my mind. But it's always sounded like it would be so much fun, plus once you're a mom you can do it around your schedule. Thats what my mom did.. had a chair set up in our basement. Thats how we afforded our "fun" stuff like vacations and whatever. You should do what you love! And I agree, I think you have a natural ability. I've always admired how you did your hair :) haha. So theres my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erica! So the question is, will you be happy with being a hairstylist, or will you get bored and desire to move on? I really think that you should quickly finish up a bachelors degree and then go to beauty school. YOU are a girl who loves having multiple options (not a bad thing) and not having a bachelors degree will close alot of doors for you. Don't live in regret. The best thing though, is PRAY and FAST! You already know that, but God will guide you to the decision you need to make! And making a detailed pros and cons list of all your options is awesome.

    I freaking miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete