About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Friday, August 26, 2011

the great outdoors...

I have decided that starting yesterday, we are becoming more "outdoorsy". There is nothing that bothers me more, than staying inside all day. I hate it. So, since we now live in the beautiful state of New York, where the people here are active, and outside either running, walking or biking all day, I decided we need to join them.
Growing up, my mom made us, yes, MADE us (my family) go hiking with her, I used to hate it, and pretty much complained the whole entire time.. however now that I am older (and a little wiser) I am starting to like it. No, I don't like the bug bites, the bears, or the potential of poison ivy, but the exercise is great. It makes my heart happy to get out of the house and do something. And so you ask "What are you doing this weekend Bowman Family?" (see, I knew you were interested) to that I say "we will be hiking sawyer mtn. in blue mt lake ny!" It's a 2.5 mile round trip hike, so not too bad with a baby, and we can take turns carrying her in the backpack. We are also in the market for a bike seat for Fae, I really am not a fan of the bike cart, its super annoying, and in New York anyone on a bike MUST wear a helmet so it just gets to be too much. There will be pictures of our Out Doors adventures to come.

3 comments:

  1. We got this bike seat for Adelaide. We like it b/c we can see her the whole time and also she can see whats going on and interact with us more. Paul rides with her since I don't really trust my balance, and he says it really isn't that hard having her on there.

    http://www.amazon.com/WeeRide-Kangaroo-Child-Bike-Seat/dp/B000FIH0EG

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats the same one im looking into buying.. today actually from craigslist for $25!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun making memories, we went on hikes all the time when Jarom was little so I'm sure he loves it. Here in the beautiful state of Idaho ha ha. Also the year we lived in the beautiful state of Cali we would go explore each weekend fun times.

    ReplyDelete