About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

surprise!

Jarom and I have been having such an amazing summer, which came to an abrupt end today, because today is his first day of school! Yesterday he went to his orientation and came back telling me how excited he was to start! So that is some good news haha! anyway, I know that Jarom will do amazingly well, he is a really hard worker and pretty dang smart.

Ok, so enough about Jarom, no just kidding, I could go on some more about him if you want.. oh you don't, ok, i'll talk about me then haha! As some of you know, I have been planning to go back to school, I was enrolled at a local community college here to complete their paralegal program. However, after contemplating it, talking it over, pondering, and researching it, the only feeling I got was frustration. It wasn't that I didn't think I could do it, or even that I wouldn't be able to do well, but more that I wouldn't be happy. I was feeling very overwhelmed and nothing I did or how I thought about it would calm me down. I know, I sound like I'm making excuses, but seriously, I just didn't feel right about that degree path. It isn't me, at all. (Besides the fact that I love to write and research, that is).
So, after talking about it with Jarom, he and I decided that if I am going to do something, I should do something I love. Therefore, Austin School of Spa Technology, here I come!
I applied to the school, and will be completing their aesthetics program. I will also be taking some business courses to complete the certificate. I am very excited about this career choice, and also felt a huge relief after meeting with the teachers, taking the tour and working out the financial aid. It is also only 3 days a week, and very hands on, thus easy learning!

Anyway, I am so excited to start! I know I will just love it and will be so much happier :)

So, wish us luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Erica!!! Your gonna go to school to be an Aesthetician!!? saweet!!! You will love it!! I am trying to save up money to one day have my own...at home spa. so far i have a microderm machine and chemical peels...I'm sure it will be a year or so before we can afford to get some other pricey equipment I will need :). I get nervous thinking about starting up my own business but hey if anything my kids and husband will have great skin!! lol ne ways I miss seeing ya!!

    ReplyDelete