About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Friday, November 18, 2011

I am so GLAD I am a pusher...

Jarom has been doing so well here in New York, although I get very annoyed with my apartment, and the general cost of living, we both do love it here. Fae has friends and goes to a ton of activities during the week. It's been awesome, but here is the icing on the cake: (and yes, I'm going to brag) Jarom had his "quarterly meeting" with Mrs. Verra (his boss's boss) regarding his over-all performance.. While they were talking Jarom asked "what if I were to apply for a job right now (with GE-- a permanent job)?" and she said " I would hire you in a second." UM AWESOME! then, he was studying at UGC (His grad. school) and happened to talk to the President of the school who told him as soon as he is in his last semester she would get him a job at a hospital! (which is his ultimate goal).

So yes, as pushy as I can be, and yes I do go about it in the wrong way sometimes, I am so glad I pushed for us to come here, it is paying out way more than we thought. I knew I was right ;) haha. Seriously though, cool stuff right??

At this point we are working toward a fellowship in North Carolina at DUKE university.. yeah, DUKE. There are a TON of applicants, since its open to all the major Health care admin. schools, but we really feel like Jarom has a leg up to all the others. So wish us luck, cuz this could be the start of a whole new life (oh and a steady income! WOOHOO!) Maybe the NEXT summer (after Jarom Graduates) we can be closing on our first home.. I wish I wish!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Congrats! We might be going to Duke for the MBA program next Fall. It kinda depends on how well the hubs does on the GMAT and where he gets in. But we have some friends attending Duke's medical school and they love it there. It's always nice to know that someone who already lives there likes it. So who knows, maybe we could be friends in NC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so proud but not a bit surprised, Jarom has always been a hard worker, talented, handsome, loving. Spoken like a true Mom. He will excel any where life leads you! Congrats! Glad everyone is happy and doing so well. How fun you got your tree up,How does Fae like it? Love you guys and miss your terribly! Its just not the same here without you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be awesome if you came to Duke ! I'd love to help you find some nice neighborhoods to live in (that are of course in our ward :)...)

    ReplyDelete