About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Some things I like, and some things I don't

During the holiday season there are a bunch of things that usually bother me,one of them is shopping. Yes, I know this is me, the queen of shopping, doesn't care if she buys anything as long as shes out on the town-- girl. (At least that's what Husband thinks) However, each year, as Christmas approaches, I get more and more weary of shopping, #1 because the crowds (ESPECIALLY here in NY) are insane and people are so rude and REFUSE to go around you even when there is a perfectly good path just around the wrapping paper isle. #2 because stores decided to jack up their prices because they know you are desperate to get that very last foot bath with the delicious smelling bath slats and matching lotion.. oh and the fuzzy socks. And, #3 because of the blatant disregard for the actual meaning of Christmas. Every commercial on TV is of children opening their piles of presents, as their parents watch, all proud of themselves for picking just the right gift for their bratty child (I don't know if they are bratty they probably aren't, but for my points' sake I'm saying it). This my friends, is what bothers me most. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to a present or two, and lets be honest, Christmas just wouldn't be the same without them, but I feel as though the meaning and true spirit of Christmas has been so far lost over the years that its going to be (excuse my French) damn near impossible to inject it back into our homes and our children.

This year, will be the second year (out of almost 4) that Husband and I put up a tree, I am very excited about it. I really can't wait to start putting up my decorations, and watch Fae run around enjoying the lights and the pretty decorations. I can't wait to have all the pretty presents wrapped and sitting under the tree.. and most of all I can't wait to read the Story of Christmas to Fae. Of course she is young, 13 months old, and probably wont sit through the whole thing, but I can't wait to show her pictures of our beautiful savior and teach her the importance of giving thanks, and loving the Lord. This Holiday season will be the start of our own family traditions, and independence. I am so grateful for my family, Husband is just the best, I don't know anyone who works as hard as he does, and still makes time for us girls. To Quote one of Fae's favorite (and most annoying) shows, "He makes our hearts SUPER happy". And little Fae is such a blessing to me, she has helped me grow tremendously, she has helped me prove to myself that I can handle things I never thought I could, and that I do have patience, even if it isn't very much. She is my biggest challenge, and the most amazing reward, I am so happy she came into our lives when she did.

So, enough gushy stuff, I'm making myself tear up *sigh* no, seriously, on to the things I like:

4 comments:

  1. That's cute that she says hi. Lyla won't say anything except mama and dada. She's so baby still in a lot of ways and I love it. When Bella was 13 months she said like 10 words but she was still a very slow and cautious walker and Lyla is crazy! I guess it's one or the other! Fae is looking so big. Such a pretty baby!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fae only says hi, mommy and dada, but hi is my favorite because she says it to EVERYONE haha when we go shopping shes like "hi!" to everyone we pass... which is a LOT of people, its so cute :)
    -erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute video, I love hearing her little voice! I want to hug and kiss her. She is so precious! Its been really busy here too, I think people are starting early this year!

    ReplyDelete