About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Being a mother of two..

I have to say, I've had a pretty easy transition from mother of one, to mother of two- but only because my mother has been here to help! So far, it's been relatively easy since I don't really have to be anywhere at a certain time, I have help with Fae so I can focus on getting Grey ready, and my mom is able to help me out in the mornings feeding him- which gives me an extra hour of sleep (which I am in desperate need of right now).

This past week has been a little challenging because Grey caught Fae's cold- which wasn't the most fun thing ever, but he is much better now. He is more awake now, he likes to watch Fae play and run around- loves being bounced- and adores being cuddled. He has been a little more fussy than he was the week we brought him home- but so far, it hasn't been even close to the colic we dealt with when we had Fae. I took Grey to the Dr. earlier this week to make sure his cold was just a cold- and found out that he gained almost 2 lbs in 2 weeks! The kid does NOT miss a meal, and literally acts like he is starving to death if you try to pacify him with the binky- or don't get a bottle in his mouth by his first cry- he's needy ha ha. He wen't from 6 lbs 12 oz to 8 lbs 8 oz in two weeks! His little leggies are finally getting some meat on them and it's the best.

All in all, I'd say that he's still a good baby- he's super cute, and is usually pretty sweet. He still loves to be held, and cuddled and kissed. He smiles and laughs a lot in his sleep- I'm really looking forward to the real thing!

Fae has been a real champ through this whole thing, honestly I don't know what I would do without her. She has always been my little pal, but now shes my little helper too. She is always willing to help out with anything to do with the baby. She will "hold" him even when he's screaming for a bottle, she will throw out his dirty diapers- even the poopy ones! and she gives him an uncountable number of kisses. Fae is just the best, most sweetest little girl, I am so blessed to be her mom. I thought she might have a hard time not being the center of my world anymore, but she seems to be taking it well, as everyone in the house is just in love with little Grey. Having my mom here has been a huge help with this though, so we will see how much Fae still loves me after my mom leaves.







No comments:

Post a Comment