About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Welcome to the world Greyson! and also welcome to our blog.... again

Yes, yes, it's been like two years since I blogged last, probably more... not for lack of things to blog about but more the time to do it/motivation. So, I decided that once this new baby made his appearance, I would start blogging again- which happened to coincide with the new years- so consider it a new years resolution to start blogging again.

Here is Grey's birth story:

Honestly, I thought I was never going to go into labor, I was 39 weeks and seriously tired of being pregnant, I had been walking and walking for weeks to try and start labor, but it resulted in maybe 5 contractions. On Monday, the 29th I decided to take Fae to the museum center to play so I could walk around some more. We stayed for about 3 hours, and then went to walmart and kroger to do some grocery shopping. By the time we got home, Jarom was already there which really was a surprise since he usually works until about 7 every night. Anyway, he wanted to go to Sam's Club and get a few bulk items- so I decided we should go, because I really just wanted to keep walking! While we were there, my water broke (which didn't happen when I had Fae) and at first it was just a trickle, I honestly thought I peed my pants- but because I couldn't "Stop" it, I knew it was something else. I was a little worried because in my mind I figured once your water broke, the contractions would start... but they didn't for about 3 or 4 hours. Once they did, however it was intense... in fact more so than when I had Fae. By the time I got to the hospital I was in a fair amount of pain. They strapped the heart monitor on me and did a few tests to "make sure" my water actually broke- though I thought it was pretty obvious. During that time (and before the actually admitted me) little Grey's heart rate slowed considerably and at one point faded out completely! About 12 nurses and Dr.'s came in and I was tossed and turned into very strange positions to try and get him heart rate back up. They gave me a shot to stop my contractions- i'm not sure what it was but it made me shake really bad. It took about 6 minutes, though it felt like 2 hours since I was having back to back ridiculous contractions before the shot. I was grateful for the medicine because my body wasn't dilating like it should have been for having such strong contractions back to back like that... and I was able to get some rest. Once they admitted me, I asked for an epidural, and I was so glad to be done with the pain! Unfortunately, I had to lay only on my left side with my right leg up in a sling- I'm not sure why. They also pumped like 8 bags of fluid in me which left my feet and hands looking like balloons for 4 days afterwards. I tried to sleep, Jarom did sleep. And then it was a waiting game! About 3 hours later I was dilated fully and it only took 4 pushes to get him out! Then he was here!

So far, he is really a sweet baby, he loves to be held and kissed and talked to, but he also LOVES to eat and will not miss a meal. He was 6lbs 12 oz 20 inches at birth and he hasn't lost any weight! 
He doesn't cry very often, only if he's hungry or feels lonely, oh and EVERY time I change his diaper- he doesn't like that (but I think it's because he's cold).
Fae is in love with him, and very protective as well. She wants to hold him and kiss him all the time, it's pretty sweet. She has been such a big helper so far, I'm kind of waiting for her to get tired of him, but I hope she doesn't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment