About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Universal Studios

Ok, this is the post I will be doing about Florida.. The last three days we were in Florida were spent at Universal Studios. It was seriously cool.. but I have to be honest, I liked Disney a LOT more. The lines at universal were UNREAL like 2 hr wait times! At Disney we had fast passes so we got on rides in minutes! (The Universal fast passes were like $80 a person/day!)But, it was totally worth checking it all out.. and we all had an awesome time!

Here is a little show they did there.. it was in "Dr. Seuss Landing" IT was really cute to see all the characters come to life :)


Fae and I with the Grinch.. Fae was a little scared haha


Fae and Auntie cooling off.. we were all pretty hot


Baby Fae on a Tiger, obviously she wasn't scared of it haha... even though it looks ferocious!


Ok, here is the good part, the part we have all been waiting for.. HARRY POTTER WORLD!

Haha, we waited for hours to get in here... and let me tell you, it was SO worth it. I'm obviously a Harry Potter fan.. so to see "hogwarts" in "real life" was so stinkin cool. We got to go into the castle and everything! I don't have any pictures because it was dark in there.. you know because it is only really lit by candles.. but they had holograms of the characters walking around in the castle.. it looked like harry potter himself was there! It was seriously the second coolest thing ever. The first coolest thing ever is that we went into the castle solely to take the tour.. which was just a walk through the castle to see dumbledore's office, the potions room and some other "hot spots", but Jarom got to talking with one of the people who worked there.. who then took us to the front of the line for the new, coveted, harry potter ride and let us go on! (the line was a 90 min line) so THAT was the coolest thing ever. The ride was awesome, I actually felt like I was flying on a broom stick. Haha, all you non-potter fans probably think I'm such a dork but I don't care. It made my year.

This is Hogsmead.. and its where you walk into when you first go in. There is the wand shop and book shop and candy shop.. Everything! So cool... there is also butterbeer.. which we got a glass of, but I didn't really like it to be honest.. I was going to try the pumpkin juice.. but I didn't think I'd like that either haha.. I don't really know who would.




Hogwarts Express.. which was located (obviously) on platform 9 3/4 haha.. the train station was right next to it.


Here is the castle:




Ok, fine, I'll stop with Harry Potter..
I took Fae to a Barney show.. so here we are in Barney's backyard play house!


We did a lot more than these photos do justice for, the only thing was that at Universal, backpacks and bags weren't allowed on rides.. so we didn't have the camera most of the time... So of course we went on ALL the rides.. there were HUGE roller coasters and other themed rides.. All in All it was just great! We had a super terrific time!

No comments:

Post a Comment