About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stitches...

*Disclaimer* I already posted this on facebook.

Yesterday, during our travels my poor little bird fell down and cut her forehead, shes such a fast little thing I honestly couldn't catch her (she thought we were playing a game in the airport, like I was chasing her, but really I was just trying to catch her). She tripped, fell, and hit her head on the metal windowsill. It was terrible! (the cut its self is only about 1 inch long.. but it's about 1/4 inch deep) The blood was EVERYWHERE... but surprisingly it wasn't as much blood as the time she bit right through her lip! (this girl...) We got the airport to call for medical help and they decided that she had to have stitches, and either we could go to the hospital there in Denver or get on our flight to Idaho Falls and have it done there. Since we had a 6 hour window before they wouldn't be able to stitch it up, we decided to get on our flight and have it stitched up in Idaho Falls. We thought it would be better because afterwards we would go right home and be around family so Fae could relax (which didn't happen because as soon as she was done, she asked to play haha)

But the procedure made me ball my eyes out, which is something I don't normally do... They had to swaddle her up tight and two nurses held her head. Jarom and I just couldn't handle it, so we stayed outside the curtain but as soon as they were done we "saved her" from the tight swaddle.
Although the ordeal kinda sucked, we were so grateful to get to come home to family. Jarom's sister stayed and waited in the hospital with her daughter- who Fae calls "baby" haha even though Aaliyah is like a foot taller than her! As soon as she was out of the swaddle, she asked to play with "baby" and go "ome". (home). I felt so sorry for her, but I'm sure this is the first of many trips to the hospital- this girl=nuts.

(She ended up with 5 stitches... she doesn't bother with them, which is good, and hasn't really mentioned it since, it's funny how fast they forget!)

1 comment: