About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Monday, July 30, 2012

The church...

geeze, I don't even know what to say except that the church is wonderful! I love that no matter where we go it is always the same, and most people are very friendly. Although I had a hard time adjusting to "the south", the Durham 1st ward has made us feel at home. I am so thankful for the new friends we've made who have made this short move easy on us. I hope that if we ever move back down here (which, I'm not going to lie, for the weather's sake... would be nice) I hope we live in this ward's boundary.
It's been nice to have common ground with most of the women in the ward, and that all of them are willing to help with Fae, because 10 weeks without much help would have been terrible! So thank you everyone for giving me a break, helping us out, and making our Durham experience that much better!

Moving on, Fae and I are getting ready to fly home this weekend! We leave Sunday at 10:30 am. I am not that nervous about flying home with Fae alone, I mean I've done its several times before.. and this totally flight time it 3 hours. No biggie. Poor Jarom though, will be stuck down here finishing up his internship for another week. Then he will have to drive back all by himself :( I feel terrible, I really do. I even bought him a book on tape so he wont get too bored. (well its a book on CD haha). We really hate being apart, even for only a week.

THEN after Jarom gets back we will head out to Idaho! We are really excited to get out there, it's been a year since we've been there and Jarom especially misses his family. It will be a really nice, and r e l a x i n g break before both of us come back and start school. (We both have 3 classes) and Jarom will hopefully (PRAYERS PLEASE) have an internship at Ellis Hospital. So we are going to be busy busy busy!

For your sake, I'll post a couple pictures of the museum we went to the other day
Fae and Jarom hiding inside a tree.. unfortunately that tree was full of bats!
Jarom showing Fae the construction.. she loves big trucks.. she calls them "choo, choo's" I've tried to explain that a choo choo is a train but she isn't having it! haha shes so cute, I forgive her :)

I know it seems like ll we do is go to museums with Fae, but seriously most of them are free, and they are so much fun, we have been to all the ones in the Durham/Raleigh area and all of them a great! Fae has learned so much, and has really started talking a lot better. I love to teach her about all the different things we see and touch. She is such a smart little cookie. We are so blessed to have been able to expose her to so much through her little life. I just love her so much, I want to give her the world! I love to watch her explore new things and I can tell her little brain is working in there, trying to sort ideas and remember things. I just love having this little girl, she is so great and so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. So fun the things you have been able to do. So excited I can hardly stand it. Lots of prayers your way. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete