About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yes, two posts in a row.

" It cannot be emphasized enough that sometimes the wife's field of interest becomes so overwhelmingly filled with obligations to her family that she looses sight of her husband's needs and her obligation to him." - Dr. Laura

Yes, yes I am quoting Dr. Laura, but I can't get away from how much I really love this book. It points out nearly all my flaws and I love it! As I said in my previous post about this book, I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your relationship with your husband a first priority. Throughout the book she uses so many examples of how homes fell apart because wives focused on their children and left their husbands to fend for themselves. This is wrong!!! As a wife and soon to be mother, I am working so hard on putting Jarom first in everything we do, whether it be plans on a Friday night or what to have for dinner-- which I still need to work on haha--
I think by the example of love and respect we will show towards each other, or children will learn the right way to engage in a relationship. If I had total disregard for my husband, and took over both roles in the family, what kid of example would that be to our children?
Jarom and I are best friends, and I want to make sure the love and respect we have for each other never ceases. We are partners in this life and we will be forever, so why would I, as his wife throw him on the back burner once our children come? I won't!
I am sorry for being preachy but I feel like it's so important!!! I mean I see people our age getting divorced because of the lack of respect they show each other, as well as (lack of) support and love. It makes me so sad when husbands and wives turn into roommates who just have kids together.
It's important to set time aside each week (or each night :) ) to devote to each other, put the kids to bed earlier, make sure your work or social life isn't interfering. Nurturing your marriage is the best thing you can do for both yourself and husband, as well as your children.
Ok, I'm done, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment