About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Things that are important:


Recently, I have been reading this book ^ At first I didn't like hearing all the things that wives do to push away their husbands etc. But as I read further and really got into the core of the book, I realized how selfish and unkind I could sometimes be, even without noticing it.
Since Jarom and I are going to have a little one join the family soon (5 months from now--eek!) I decided I was going to make a conscious effort to be a better wife, so hopefully, in turn I would be a better mother.
I have been reading talks by various prophets and speakers, and there was one particular message that really hit me:
Although children are important, and bringing them into this world is what we are called to do, your marriage should come first.
I have seen many marriages fall apart because wives think their first and foremost priority is to their children, which may sound like a good thing, but it really isn't. Marriage is a partnership and a serious relationship that needs cherishing and nurturing.
As Jarom and I embark on our journey into eternity, I want to make sure that - although our children will be important- our relationship stays as loving, caring and special as it is today (well more-so, but you get the picture). Anyway, that has been on my mind a lot-- since reading the book, and talks, so I thought I would share my ideas with whom ever reads my blog! So feel free to disagree but Jarom will ALWAYS come first. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment