About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Things We have been up to:

Ok, here are some real updates:

First of all, my mom is here! I love my mom, I haven't seen her in over a year until she came on the 14th! Fae was due on the 14th and since first babies (well all babies) are unpredictable, we decided that coming on the due date was the safest bet. However, exactly one week early (on my mom's birthday no less) little Fae decided to grace us with her presence! I was soooo happy that she decided to come early, I felt like a beached whale. I thought about telling the birth story here on my blog but, I think I don't really want to talk about it, most people know what happens in a birth, so lets just leave it at that.. I've been hearing way too much about effacement, dilation, bloody show etc that I don't want to write any more about it. So, to continue on, we spent the first week on our own, I wasn't as nervous as I though I'd be, but I was a little bit more emotional than normal and cried for like 2 hours when they told me little Fae had jaundice, which is totally a normal thing for infants to have. And then I cried again when the jaundice got worse and she had to be on a biliblanket. But she only had to be on the blanket for 3 days and she actually liked it, it kept her super warm and it was nice to be able to sleep for a little bit longer.

Anyway, as soon as that was all cleared up I was able to work more on nursing, and I think we have it down pretty good now. I know, most of you are probably thinking "she said she didn't even want to TRY to nurse" this is true, but I didn't like the way the bottles smelled and I felt like they gave her a stomach ache, so I decided to try to nurse and I love it! However, I don't think I'll be in it for the long haul... 6 months max I think.

I'm sure I should write more, but I'd rather just put up some pictures:



My mom and little Fae Princess



Peaceful one minute...



beastly the next!! ahh shes so cute we love her :)



Her first bathy at home.. she liked it until we took her out and she got cold, one thing this girl hates, is to be cold. It's like I don't like being cold either but I don't freak out like she does haha... shes so cool.



haha, she look pretty unsure of what to do right now..



Oh geeze, my face is still fat, that's OK its only been 2 weeks.. give me a break! haha but this little girl is totally a Mommy's girl and I love it! (for now) haha



But, she TOTALLY loves her daddy... haha they just like to hang out together after long hard days of eating, sleeping and pooping.. well in Fae's case that is...

2 comments:

  1. That's good that the jaundice thing worked out ok. Adelaide had it too and it was really frustrating/emotional because she wouldn't wake up to eat and so she would go so long with out eating (12 hours, which I'm sure you know isn't too good for a 2 day old baby). Little Fae is absolutely perfect, congratulations again on such a little sweetie! It only gets better and so much more rewarding.

    ReplyDelete