About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Things I don't talk about often...

I am grateful for Jarom's Family. (This is not to say that I'm not grateful for mine, because I am... I really am). But I think that I should take time right now to say what I want to say. I complain a lot, mostly because I feel it’s unfair that we live to close to Jarom’s family, and I'm jealous because mine is so far away. However, I think that it has been a blessing to have had them so close. They have helped us in so many ways, and have taught me a lot about the importance of family relationships.

Even though Jarom and I grew up in different parts of the country, and in completely different families, I think the things we learned from our parents, sibling and associates are an awesome benefit to our own family.
I'm not going to lie, when Jarom and I were first married I was extremely frustrated at how close he was with his family. We "discussed" it all the time... more recently however, I've realized that I was the one that was wrong. Of course there were things we both needed to change... but for the most part; I needed to take a step back and stop being so jealous. Which was reallllllly hard for me, REALLY hard. But so worth it. Since I've come to know his family better and better over the past few years, I've grown to truly appreciate and love them.

So here’s to things I don't often talk about, but sometimes need to be said.

3 comments:

  1. That was a nice post Erica. Everyone likes to hear they are thought of and appreciated. I will admit though that we have all probably taken offense to you and what you write on your blogs about Idaho and people in Idaho. Cause girl, we are all from Idaho or living in Idaho. I'm sure other people could take offense too even though you aren't trying to offend...I'm sure. But like you say they are your blogs. And I sure hope you guys will be back to visit. Just come in the summer when it's pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, like I said, you can choose to be offended, or realize that hey! not everyone thinks the same way, and thats how I feel about Idaho.. but Jarom probably will come back to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know how you feel. We literally live 5 min from Paul's family and a 3.5 hr plane ride plus 2 hr drive from my family. Not fair. But I totally understand, you love his family but really wish you could be as close to yours so you can see them lots too. (And I don't blame you for hating on Idaho...I don't think it's that wonderful of a place.)

    ReplyDelete