About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Jarom turns 25...


Woah! what an old man he is! haha Yep, my sweet little Jarom turned 25 this last week (the 14th) and since we are poor graduate students (well hes a graduate student, I'm an undergraduate student) we couldn't have the huge party I planned in my head.. which was pretty sweet and included, but wasn't limited to: an all-inclusive spa/golf resort with babysitting (we still cant leave Fae overnight, are we lame??) and awesome food, all on a private island with a shark-less/ jellyfish-less ocean beach... yeah, it would have been pretty sweet.. it's the thought that counts right??
So in lieu of that, I decorated the kitchen a little and made him a delicious lunch.. [he's been wanting a turkey BLT] so I made him that on
D E L I C I O U S Italian bread (from my uncles bakery- which I am going to miss sooooo bad when we move). He then had to go back to work {lame} and I made his favorite meal (his moms recipe for beef enchiladas) for dinner, they turned out great! Jarom insists they were delicious "just like my moms" but I really think he was just saying that because I had a melt down in the middle of making them haha... I have this thing about cooking, I H A T E it. For dessert, we had the best cheese cake ever (also courtesy Jarom's mom- thanks!) That one was easy so there was no melt down involved haha. Oh, and of course we sang happy birthday... well it was really just me singing because Fae can't sing yet... awkward.

For his birthday he got some money... a golf shirt and sock from his mom and dad... the money is going towards a new set of golf clubs.. when we actually have time to go out and look for some.. and he also got some money from my parents for the same thing.. he didn't get any money from me haha.. but I got him some nice wooden suit hangers (we bought him a new suit finally.. long story short.. Jarom is the WORST to shop for.. he is pickier than I will, or ever have been- but I still love him.. and it makes me feel special cuz he picked me right?) and I also got him some diet mountain dew, a suit- suit case and his favorite chips. (we've been off soda and chips for a while, so those were a special treat).

Anyway, this week Jarom is in Chicago at the annual ACHE conference.. It's a conference for Health Care Professionals.. I don't know what they are going to do there.. but his brother Josh will be there too and I know Jarom was looking forward to seeing him, so I'm sure he is having fun. We sure do miss him though- but I have to admit, and don't tell him this, but I love having the bed all to myself haha.. I think that when we move, I am going to make sure we get a king size bed and get rid of this queen.. I love my space!! Of course I'd rather have him home haha but you know.. he seriously loves to sleep right in the middle and.. well you get it.. haha.
But anywho, we are very proud of Jarom, he is such an awesome dad and husband, he is so funny and loves both us girls to death.. we probably get 500 kisses a day EACH! He is so smart and seriously I can not believe how professional he can be.. I walked in on him having a phone interview and I didn't even know he knew the big words he was using since hes such a goof ball at home! But that's what I love about him, he is the best thing (ok, person) to ever happen to me, I seriously love that man!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day you made for him. I'm so proud of him also. He has always been alittle love, always hugging and kissing. Miss that. I'm proud of you both, takes alot of hard work to get thru all this school. Love,hugs and kisses to you all.

    ReplyDelete