About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weight....

Weight is the most annoying thing to me. MOST annoying, more than when Fae throws fits at the store, more than waiting for the light to turn green knowing that you wont even get through it because of the enormous line of traffic, and yes more annoying than spilling grape juice on your brand new white shirt. Not many people know this about me, because quite honestly I don't talk about it a lot, but weight is a huge issue with me. Throughout my pregnancy I gained about 35 lbs. which I know is normal, and within the first 2 weeks (after I had Fae) I lost 20 lbs. So I still had about 15 lbs to go. At this point in my life I still have 10 lbs to go to get back down to a healthy 110. I would like to get down to 105, but lets be realistic here... that aint' gunna happen.
I have been fighting with myself, justifying eating a big bowl of nachos at 11:00pm, eating when I'm stressed, eating when I'm bored, and to be honest I am just plain unhappy about the whole situation. Even though people say "you look great" or "you are skinny, look at me!" or the dreaded "yeah, well you had a baby, your body changes" I still don't feel good about it- and as most of you know, it isn't what people tell you that can make you feel better, it's how you feel about yourself.
My goal here isn't to be the next woman body builder, or a shorter Heidi Klum (although that would be nice), but It's more just to feel comfortable. You've heard people say "I'm comfortable in my own skin" well, I'm not, and so I'm going to take action. Because the second most annoying thing is to complain about something without putting the effort into changing it. Don't take this blog as condescending, or rude, I'm really only writing about this publicly, because then the likelihood of actually accomplishing it is much higher!
The Bowman Family is about to have an abrupt change filled with carrots, celery, peppers, and all that other good stuff that we buy and shove to the back of the fridge (tisk tisk). I think it's important to raise Fae in a healthy, active household, where we eat right and feel good, so that's my goal, and I'm sticking to it.

(realistic timeline-- loose 10 lbs by my birthday {may 8th-save the date hehe} I will then include before and after pictures)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, I think everyone is trying to eat better and move more. I know its mine. I'm eating my celery right now. Just give the bag of cadbury eggs away ha ha. In Jaroms box, I know they are your favorite. But also addicting. Miss and love you all. Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will NOT give those away haha I didn't say I was eliminating chocolate haha it's my favorite thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is so hard. I am still 12 lbs from my comfort weight and that's after losing 10 lbs this fall. So weight just really sucks. I've gained 5 lbs since moving also. IT's the worst! I do blame babies though and I eat like crap and Lyla was the hardest baby that I'm just now getting into a good work out routine again. I swear! Oh well. If I can lose 10 lbs by the end of June when I turn 30 then that will be great! And then it will be time to start working on a 3rd baby. Man that time really creeps up! But you do look good. And I look damn good, giggly belly and all. Just wait until Fae can really talk and she'll squeeze your belly and call your chubby, it's pretty awesome! Kids are the best! Ha ha. And yes, Lyla is a lunatic that never stops moving from about 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.

    Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete