About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

a funny little story...

*This may be T.M.I for some people, so beware*
I meant to post about this after it happened back in July, but I never got around to it... I haven't forgotten about it though, so enjoy at my expense!


One sunny day, Jarom and I decided that we would go to Raleigh for the day. We were living in Durham NC at the time, and thought it would be fun to explore some of the free museums.
As we were getting ready to go, I started packing up some last minute snacks, juice boxes and gathering some change for the meters. I came across my birth control pills, which I had misplaces a few days before (this story does not result in me finding out I am pregnant, I'm not.) I hadn't felt any cramps or anything so I decided I would just pick up where I left off. I took the Thursday pill and didn't think anything of it.
The day went on, we walked around Raleigh, seeing the sights, checking out the various restaurants and finally hitting up the museum of life and science (which was awesome). While we were in the museum I started feeling cramp-y, and I knew I was going to get my period. Unprepared as I ALWAYS am for this situation (because I normally skip the white pills and only take the pink ones.. so I don't normally get my period) I started looking in all of the bathrooms for one of those "dispensers"... of which there were two, both of which I tried and neither of them worked- and I lost a dollar in change. So, I was pretty desperate, not wanting to ruin my favorite purple pants, and also just not wanting to be uncomfortable- so I walked around until I found a janitorial person. I told her my problem and she laughed about it, telling me she would go get the key to the "dispenser" and get me a tampon. So there I sat, outside a bathroom, (which was located in the cafeteria area) on a rocking chair with Jarom and Fae. We waited about 10 minutes before I hear OVER. THE. INTERCOM. "Does anyone have a key to the tampon dispenser? There is a girl sitting by the bathroom who really needs a tampon." Pretty much the whole cafeteria turned to look at me, and a MAN janitor comes over to help me.

I really never get embarrassed, but this was definitely an awkward situation for me. haha, so since then I've always been "prepared".

4 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Only because it wasnt me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahahahahhaahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa. !!! You win the most embarrassing story ever contest. I was wondering where it was going to go, but that's just hilarious. Man, no discretion. You'd think a lady would have more insight into the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best. story. ever. haha made my morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO funny! I've never had anything quite like that, but close. You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete