About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pancakes- home made Style

I don't LOVE pancakes.. but I do like them, and every once in a while they really hit the spot. One thing I do NOT like is a boxed pancake mix... I've eaten them a few times, but they really just aren't as good as the home made ones! (Also I think it's hilllllarious that they have whole wheat pancakes ((in a box mix)) that is supposed to be healthier for you because they are whole wheat but then you have to add like a half a cup of vegetable oil, or melted butter... HA!)

So, here's the how to, it's so easy an ERICA could do it... that's my new thing, instead of cave man, get it, see what I did there? haha.. (that was for you Jarom!)

Pancakes:
What you need:
Flour
Sugar
Egg
Baking Powder
Milk
Salt

How to:
Combine 1&1/4 cups flour, with 2 TBS of sugar, 2TSP of baking powder, 1 egg, and 1 cup of milk (or more... I usually add a splash more) 1 tsp salt

Set griddle to a medium temperature, or heat skillet at medium heat.. pour, and wait till the batter sets. (It will bubble at the top.. to tell if it's ready to flip, pop a bubble, if it fills back in, it's not ready).

Flip and enjoy! (you can also add fresh fruit to make it even better!)
(We also make home made syrup-- no not from a maple tree, but we use mapeline)



No comments:

Post a Comment