About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sometimes I throw fits...

Excited, because I got on my chair.. and am trying to stand on it (which is a no, no.)


Upset that mommy took me off to take a lame picture.


REALLY mad that mommy wont let me get back on my chair.


Totally losing it!



Fae has always been pretty early with everything (except eating solid food, which we are still working on)... she crawled at 6 months old, and walked/ran by 10 months old. She says a few words (mommy, dada, puppy, no, belly, pen, mine, go, hi.. and some others... most of which are only translate-able by me haha) but a few words nonetheless. Lately, however, we have been experiencing the terrible 2's!!! WAY TOO EARLY! there is the hitting, spitting, pinching, "mine mine mine", and throwing full blown tantrums, rolling on the floor, screaming ETC. It seriously came out of nowhere. Where is my sweet princess baby?? I hope shes not gone forever! No, I know shes not, and in fact, when she is feeling happy, she gives a ton of kisses, hugs, laughs and smiles. She jokes and teases, and has the most hilarious sense of humor. Anyway back to the tantrums, time-out has been pretty great, she totally understands when I say it's time for her to go time out (because of screaming or whatever), and I do 10 minutes... yeah that sounds long, but the first 5 minutes she screams, and the second 5 minutes she relaxes herself. Then I go over and ask her if shes ready to be sweet, she usually says yes (nods, she is a genius I swear) and gives me a kiss, and we go on with our day! I really hope I'm doing the right thing, cuz it really seems to be working!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you really made her made, still adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see you, Fae, and your Grandma when we were in NY. I think your time out sounds good since the main point of time outs to me (especially for really young kids) is emotional regulation. Have you read Happiest Toddler on the Block? (Same author as Happiest Baby). I started using his techniques when Katie learned "no" at 14 months and throwing little tantrums. His suggestions have helped us so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! I have read it, but I read it right after I read the happiest baby on the block.. I will have to look at it again, I bought it, so its probably stashed away somewhere hah abut thanks for reminding me! and it was great to you you guys too! and meet your husband!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete