About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

We went to Raleigh



Today we decided to make the 30 mile trip to Raleigh! It was actually a nice ride, and we ended up really liking it there!
Raleigh was pretty big, but felt a lot like Boise to us because it wasn't super busy, and it was mostly- newer, nicer construction.

First we hit up the famous Raleigh Farmers Market... I like Farmer's markets and was first introduced to them when Jarom brought me to one in Idaho Falls.. since then we've been scouting them out wherever we live. (Also, on a side note, I am in love with freshly squeezed lemonade, which is actually VERY hard to come by... a good-tasting one anyway, so I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious the one I got at the Farmers market was!!)

There was an amazing, beautiful selection of flowers, and they were pretty darn cheap comparatively, I was almost able to talk Jarom into buying
me some.. but you know how he is... We ended up buying some yummy corn, fresh tomatoes, and basil. (And the lemonade). There were rows and rows of fresh fruit and veggies... Tons of samples.. don't worry Fae ate like an entire carton of strawberries for free today, not to mention the peaches and blueberries.. but oh well :)






After the farmers market we decided we would go explore the city, so we drove downtown, parked in a parking garage and started walking. Luckily, unlike NYC there were city maps everywhere pointing us in the direction of things we wanted to see. ((Could you imagine how big a city
map in NYC would have to be?? haha you want to see EVERYTHING there!!)) So, following said maps, we found two HUGE museums, the museum of History, and the Museumof natural sciences... being a science geek, I loved the science museum where I was able to "pretend to be a meteorologist".. which is my current aspiration- by the way. Fae loved it too, there were live animal exhibits and both museums were interactive and very kid-friendly. We also learned about a children's museum, that is supposed to be "SO MUCH FUUUN!" according to the museum workers as the History museum. So, Fae and I will probably go check it out.
I wasn't able to get a ton of pictures but here are some:




Soldier Fae :)

Soldier Jarom! Wouldn't he just be such a handsome soldier??

No comments:

Post a Comment