About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

I will update things...

Other than the food I'm planning to make throughout the week, I swear!

Today: Sirloin steak, grilled veggies and mashed potatoes

Sunday: French dips (Our schedule got a little mixed up this last week)

Monday: Chicken Fujita Tostadas with guacomole

Tuesday:Ravioli with Vodka Sauce (the Vodka sauce was a huge hit!! and super easy)
Recipe:
2 Tablespoons butter
⅓ cup vodka
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 ½ cups tomato sauce
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt the butter in a small sauce pan, then add the vodka, let it reduce by half (about 4-5 minutes) Then add the cream (I actually use half and half) then the cheese, stirring occasionally so the cheese melts and doesn't burn. Then add the tomato sauce and keep cooking 10 minutes.

Wednesday: Turkey Burgers and Pasts Salad (I make a simple pasta salad with veggie pasta, cheese, crunchy garlic, red pepper, and carrots)

Thursday: Pork Sandwiches (my mom's recipe)
What you need:
Pork loin (we get a smithfield marinated pork loin and cook as directed)
BBQ sauce (sweet baby rays)
Apple
Brie Cheese
Roll
Mayo
Rasp. Vinaigrette Dressing

What to do: Bake pork loin as directed. Once cooked, let sit for 10 minutes and then slice thin and place in container with bbq sauce. (smother the meat). Slice your apple into thin pieces, do the same with the brie (just not AS thin). In a small bowl mix the mayo and rasp. dressing until it is the right consistency for you. Spread the may mixture on the roll, add the pork, apple and brie. Microwave for 15 seconds, just to melt the cheese. EAT.

Friday: Hawaiian Pizza (My moms recipe which may be a secret.. I don't know so I wont blog it.) & Ricotta/broccoli pizza (my recipe.. which I'm not sure of yet haha I've made it before but I like to change it up) (Friday is the official day for Pizza- in our home).



1 comment:

  1. Yum...I will have to try the pork recipe. What kind of bread do you use? I want to come for dinner.

    ReplyDelete