About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Something I've noticed...

About growing up.
I'm pretty sure we all have heard the saying "you'll thank me when you're older" or "You'll see when you grow up" or things along those lines, right?
I heard them all the time, and I would always think to myself "no, I doubt I would ever change my mind about whatever it was"... Stubborn. However, one thing I've noticed is a lot of my friends have grow up and become a lot like their moms, and turn out to be best friends. This was starting to bother me, and I began to wonder why I wasn't growing up to be just like my mom, do things like her, think like her, value the things she values. It was making me mad that I was so different.
But then I thought about how nice it is to be different, and even though my mom possesses a lot of qualities I'd like to have, and is a wonderful example to me of a great parent, she and I differ a lot, and on almost every issue! But I love that, I love that I can still have a supportive mother, who loves me no matter what, and how I don't have to be just like her for us to get along. We can be different and still be friends, be different but still have the same goals for our families.
I guess what I'm saying is I am an independent thinker, I have to experience things, and find things out for myself. I think this drives my mother crazy- but I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm glad I'm not my mom, but I'm glad she is who she is, otherwise.. who would I have to look up to? who would I have to ask for advice when I mess up? My mom rocks, but you know what? so do I!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I am so different from my mom. Of course, she has influenced me a lot, but she and I are two very different people, and we're both good people. I actually am quite a bit like my dad.

    ReplyDelete