About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Friday, July 13, 2012

sweet and sour

For the longest time I have been looking for a recipe for sweet and sour sauce... the gooey yummy, fattening kind you get from chinese restaurants... not the healthy version (which I seems stupid, why not save the calories right?) WRONG. haha The healthy versions are terrible, I do not like them, and I've tried like 40 different recipes... but today, FINALLY I found one... and this sauce is... how you say DELICIOUS!! so good, seriously!
I made sweet and sour chicken with rice for lunch today, here is the recipe:

For the sauce:
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbs. ketchup
2 tbs. corn starch
1tbs. Honey

Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer on low until thick.

For the rice: Just plain white or brown rice, cooked. add a small amoutnof butter and garlic salt.

For the chicken: Cut raw chicken into bite size pieces, cover in egg and four. Add a small amount of veg. oil to a skillet and fry.

Plate the chicken on top of the rice and cover with the sauce!!
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment