About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Have a Rice Day

Yummy Rice Recipe

What you need:
1 Cup Rice- I use Uncle Ben's Enriched Rice
2-3 strips of Bacon- with the Fat
Bunch of Scallions
4 cloves of garlic
Onion Powder
Garlic Salt (I have a grinder)
salt and pepper

What you do:

Make the rice as directed ( 2&1/4 cups of water, 2 tbs butter and 1 cup rice- boil for 20 minutes- then take off heat set aside for 5 minutes)

While rice is cooking, in a medium to large size skillet, cook up the two (or 3) strips of bacon until crispy, but not burnt. Save the grease!!!!

- while doing both these things, chop up the scallions and the garlic.

Once the bacon is done set aside to drain on a paper towel.

Throw the scallions and garlic into the bacon grease, and let them brown for a bit. Once the rice is done, transfer the rice to the skillet- keep the heat on medium low, not trying to really fry the rice, more just combine the flavors of everything. Chop up the bacon and add it to the skillet. Mix everything around, let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic salt and salt and pepper-- to taste.
(sorry there are mo measurements.. I just kinda throw things in there and keep tasking it to see if it tastes good haha)
And now you are done! Enjoy the yummy rice!

I served with Chicken...
For chicken..
Marinate a few chicken breasts (however many) in Lawrys Herb and garlic with lemon Marinade.  for either 30 minutes of over night. Add some honey to it.. then bake at 350 for about 45 minutes!
Cut into strips and enjoy a Chinese looking meal.. with all the freshness of lemon and garlic! Yummmm!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds alike like my rice recipe, that I serve with the chicken and rice recipe. I use the uncle bens converted rice. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made the chicken and rice recipe yet haha! We just haven't had time for a nice big meal! But I was just using up some stuff we had and I love all those flavors so I put them in a frying pan together.. what could go wrong with that?!

    ReplyDelete