About us

We are: Jarom, Erica and Fae Bowman- glad you stopped by our blog!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Sauce..

I love red sauce, I just do, maybe it's the Italian in me, or maybe because it is
d e l i c i o u s! Either way, I make my own sauce... and by that I don't mean I buy ripe tomatoes and boil them, skin them and make them into sauce, no... I don't do that, I'm not that authentic. But, here is what I DO do:

What you will need:
A big sauce pan
A big onion (or smaller if you don't like onion much, I do.)
3 to 4 cloves of garlic
shredded parmasean/romano/asiago cheese
3 cans of plain tomato sauce
2 cans of diced Italian style tomatoes
salt&pepper
Fresh parsley
One Carrot
2 tbs olive oil

To start:
Put the 2 TBS of olive oil in the bottom of the pot, along with half the onion, chopped, the minced garlic, and the (peeled) and grated carrot. Place the other half of the onion "face" down in the middle of the pan (this part of the onion will be taken out later) Let those things fry up a little bit, or until they are tender. Then add the tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Stir around a little, add your cheese salt, pepper and fresh (chopped) parsley. Everything is added to taste, so keep trying the sauce so you don't make it too salty or whatever. Some people might like to add a little crushed red pepper to make it a little more spicy... I don't usually, but Jarom adds it to his. Let it all cook on low for as long as you can... 3 or more hours would be nice.. watch it though, stirring every so often so it doesn't burn!

Then serve with pasta, or just dip some bread in it an enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm! Sounds so delicious and you make it sound so easy! Definitely gonna need to try this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love semi-homemade, I will definitely do this. I love how healthy it sounds. Making better choices isn't so hard. Pass on any others you have.

      Delete